The state of our environment is changing around us faster than we predicted. From more frequent and extreme storms to unprecedented heatwaves, we're feeling the impacts of human-caused global warming. But it's not just us humans this is affecting, more than a million species are currently at risk of extinction!
Your impact on climate change primarily comes from what you eat, how you power your home and mobile devices, and how you travel from place to place. Therefor there is a few easy steps you can take that will make a big impact on the world.
- Cut down on rubbish being thrown away- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
- Walk/cycle more and drive less.
- Limit your water use- Turn off your tap whilst brushing your teeth and get shorter showers.
- Limit your paper use- Ask for a digital receipt and don't print things off unless you have to.
- Reduce your plastic usage- Take a reusable bag shopping with you and get a reusable water bottle.
- Long lasting light bulbs- Replace your bulbs with energy efficient ones and turn them off when they aren’t being used.
At Greyhound Chromatography we are working hard to make our business more sustainable! Our environmental policy aims to- Comply with all relevant regulatory requirements, source products and materials from environmentally responsible suppliers, inform our customers of the appropriate handling, use and disposal of products, responsibly dispose of general waste, provide a working environment that is environmentally efficient and be aware and minimise any adverse environmental affects to reduce pollution.
We involve our employees in implementing and achieving this policy whilst complying with international laws and regulations. To help the environment at Greyhound we place recycle/reuse stickers on our boxes, turn lights off that aren’t being used (we have signs up to help remind the staff), we recycle our waste and we limit our printing and paper usage.
Interested in helping further?
Visit some of the charities below to find out more information and donate to help the planet!
- Union of Concerned Scientists DONATE
- World Wide Fund for Nature DONATE
- Natural Resources Defense Council DONATE
Tel: +44 (0) 151 649 4000
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN OUR NEWSLETTER