Gas Purifiers, Filters and Traps Supplied by Greyhound Chromatography
Gas Purifiers and Filters are supplied in two designs, In-line and Base Plate.
CRS ZPure Glass In-line Gas Purifiers are convenient point-of-use purifiers with high sensitivity visual indicators for oxygen and water breakthrough. They are available with compression or quick connect fittings in brass and S/S. The glass body is shielded by an outer polycarbonate protective body.
CRS ZPure Metal In-line Gas Purifiers are high-efficiency traps with outstanding capacity. High quality activated adsorbents ensure long purifier life and efficient contaminant removal. Available in 4 sizes of stainless steel cylinders and with a wide range of compression, quick-connect and push-to-connect fittings.
Choosing the Right Fittings
Do I Need Brass or Stainless Steel Fittings?
Before selecting brass for long-term applications, the local compliance rules should be studied. Brass alloys nearly always contain lead (3% by weight would be typical), and while presently permitted in most world markets, their status is under review. In some cases, special notifications might be required. We are seeing labs switching to all steel tubing and fittings. If you have stainless steel tubing, then you should always use stainless steel fittings; and if you have copper tubing then you should use brass fittings. Using brass fittings on stainless steel tubing is not recommended. Brass is softer than steel and may not seal onto the tubing as well, risking leaks. You might also see galvanic corrosion, which is a process where the corrosion is accelerated by the 2 dissimilar metals contacting one another.
The ZPure PolyGas I Purifier
The ZPure PolyGas I Purifier removes a wide range of contaminants including O2, H2O, CO2, CO, halogenated compounds, siloxanes, hydrocarbons heavier than butane, sulfur-containing molecules, ammonia and other gases. It can be used to purify inert gases, He, Ar, N2, and H2, making it ideal for use with GC and GC/MS carrier gas lines. It is also recommended for any application requiring ultra-pure gas free from oxygen, water and hydrocarbons (heavier than butane). It is available in 4 sizes of stainless steel cylinders ranging from 130 cc to 750 cc. The ZPure PolyGas I Purifier is available with standard compression fittings and quick connect fittings offered in ¼" and 1/8" brass and stainless steel.
PolyGas 1 Purifier
The PolyGas I Purifier will remove O2, H2O, HC, and other trace gases. It is perfect for purifying GC carrier gasses.
ZPure Re-Fillable Filter
The ZPure M Filter is our biggest capacity filter. They are 3.8 Liter (3800 cc) canisters that have the benefits of higher flow rates, and are CRS-refillable* at a reduced price. The canister is made from 316 stainless steel and has stainless steel fitting options in 1/2” VCR, 1/4” compression, and 1/4" quick connect fittings.
ZPure M Filters are available in contaminant-specific filters for hydrocarbons, moisture, and carbon dioxide*, or multi-contaminant versions including an oxygen/moisture filter, or the ZPure M PolyGas II Purifier which removes moisture and hydrocarbons.
|ZPure M - 3.8 Liter Refillable Filters
VIEW THE FULL RANGE OF PURIFIERS FILTERS AND TRAPS
Gas Purifiers from Trajan
Gas Purifiers are an essential part of your GC analysis as contaminants in gases can significantly impact the quality of results. Oxygen, hydrocarbons and moisture can lead to problems such as noisy baselines, moisture entering the GC column, excessive bleed and septa degradation. Even if carrier gas is of the highest quality, contaminants can be picked up from every part of the gas line. Therefore, a gas purifier is need to ensure that maximum productivity is achieved.
Trajan Gas Purifiers from Greyhound Chromatography make changing your gas filter simplicity itself. The gas purifier system consists of two key parts: the base connecting unit (base plate) and the filters. The base plate has inlet and outlet connectors for the gas lines, and the system can be wall-mounted or fixed to a bench. Base plates come with 1,2, or 4 filter capacity and are available for 1/4" or 1/8" gas lines.
The base plate enables the cartridge to be swopped without allowing Oxygen to enter the system. Spring-loaded check valves automatically seal tight when the exhausted filter is removed and open again when the new filter is locked into position. No tools are required to secure fittings, simply turn the locking collar to secure the filter in place and continue with your analysis.
Eacg gas filter consists of adsorbent packed into a transparent and virtually unbreakable, heavy-walled polycarbonate housing, with a maximum working pressure of 15 Bar (219PSI)
Trajan Cartridge Type Gas Purifiers are designed to provide fast stabilization times to reduce gas consumption, and provide clean gas to GC and GCMS systems.
The design of the Trajan Cartridge Gas Purifiers and base plates mean that they can directly replace alternative brands of cartridge gas purifiers supplied by Agilent, SGT, Supelco and Restek.
Trajan Base Plate Cartridge Gas Purifiers are upright filters attached to a metal base plate. Each cartridge consists of adsorbent packed into a transparent and virtually unbreakable, heavy-walled polycarbonate housing. The cartridges can be changed without any fear of oxygen entering the system due to the spring-loaded check valves built into the base plate. Their design means they can directly replace other brands of cartridge gas purifiers.
Trajan Big Trap In-Line Gas Purifiers are designed for bulk purification applications or where several instruments are plumbed from a single source. Manufactured from one-piece heavy walled aluminium tube with a 750cm3 capacity.
VIEW THE FULL RANGE OF PURIFIERS FILTERS AND TRAPS
You may also be interested in gREYHOUND'S RANGE OF sYRINGE fILTERS
HPLC Certified Syringe Filters
Q-Fil Certified Syringe Filters set the new Quality standard for today’s laboratory syringe filters Manufactured from the highest quality medical grade high density polypropylene, Q-Fil Certified Syringe Filters provide excellent chemical compatibility with acids, alcohols, bases, ethers, glycols, ketones and oils, with maximum operating temperatures of 135°C.
Every colour-coded filter is printed with the individual batch number, details of the membrane material and its pore size, on the outside rim of the filter, making them unique for traceability, GLPs and validation purposes.
Why filter your samples for HPLC?
• To protect the HPLC column, the column inlet frits and capillary columns against blockage (plugging) caused by particulate matter in the sample
• To protect injection valves from damage caused by scratching and wear of the valves internal components, caused by harmful particulate matter in the unfiltered sample, thereby reducing instrument downtime.
About our Quality Control procedures
• Every batch of filters is tested by an independent laboratory to ISO 17025 quality procedures
• Every individual Q-Fil Certified Syringe Filter is visually inspected to ensure it meets our manufacturing and quality control specifications
• Samples of all our syringe filters and their respective raw technical data are stored for a period of 5 years from the date of manufacture for future reference
• Each batch of filters is tested prior to release for
- External Dimensions
- Bubble Point
- Burst Pressure
- Filter Integrity
- Water Flow Rate
- UV Extractables and compliance with all technical procedures
Why use Greyhound Q-Fil Certified Syringe Filters?
• Q-Fil Certified Syringe Filters are manufactured in compliance with ISO 9001:2000 quality procedures
• Every box is supplied with a Certificate of Analysis and Conformance to guarantee its batch to batch quality and performance
• The unique encapsulating process developed for these filters, forces the sample to pass only through the membrane, thus avoiding the possibility of leaks or contamination
• Available in the most popular sizes, porosities and membrane types
• Excellent resistance to all routinely used HPLC solvents
• Filter housings are manufactured from high density medical grade polypropylene
• Extremely low level of extractables for highly sensitive work
• Luer connections fully comply with ISO 594-1
• Filters are available with standard and ‘SlimTip’ sized outlets
Selecting the right Q-Fil Certified Syringe Filter
• Choose the size of filter based on the volume of sample to be filtered
• Choose the filters porosity based on the size of the potential particulates in the sample. It is important to be aware that the finer the porosity of the membrane the greater the pressure will be required to pass the sample through the filter. A sample containing large quantities of particulates is best filtered using a filter with a built-in glass fibre pre-filter
• Choose the type of membrane based on the solvent being filtered.
All our filters have female Luer Lock inlets and are available in three diameters -
Designed for large sample volumes or solvent filtration
Wide cross sectional area 3.55cm2
Maximum filtration volume >10ml
Maximum operating pressure 550 Kpa
Suitable for most applications
Filtration area of 0.95cm2
Maximum filtration volume 1 to 10ml Maximum operating pressure 750 Kpa Now available with ‘SlimTip’ (ST) outlet
Suitable for most applications Ideal for small samples <1ml Pore sizes of 0.20µm and 0.45µm
SlimTip Filters (ST)
13mm diameter syringe filters are now available with the new ‘SlimTip’ outlet for direct filling of microvials.
Q-Fil Certified Syringe Filters are available in 0.20µm and 0.45µm pore sizes. The 0.20µm filters remove the smallest particulates whilst the 0.45µm filters are designed to remove particulates which would be detrimental to most analytical columns.
Pre-filters (page 6) have a glass microfibre membrane which is chemically inert and resists most solvents. Q-Fil glass microfibre pre-filters are recommended for removing large particulates from the sample and are ideal for dissolution tests.
Glass microfibre membranes are also available mounted before the microporous filter membrane in the polypropylene housing. The glass pre-filter removes the larger particulates and prevents premature clogging of the filter.
Tel: +44 (0) 151 649 4000
You may also be interested in